Charlie at 1 Month

7:30 AM

This past month was the hardest and best of my life. Even though you know being a parent means sleep deprivation and being on 24/7, there's no way to truly prepare for it. Things were definitely easier the first two weeks when Brandon was home. Charlie was also pretty jaundice which caused him to sleep a lot of the time. Regardless, we are so in love with the newest member of our family. It has been amazing to watch him grow and change over this first month.


"I'm over this mom"
Charlie is ... 20 1/2" long and weighs 8 lbs. 5.7 oz. (This is from his 3 week well checkup). Charlie is also very strong. At his 3 week checkup he rolled over from his stomach to his back. The doctor said he'd do that for a while because his head made him so top heavy and then he would stop for a while before officially rolling over.

Charlie loves ... eating, being held and being worn in the solly

Charlie does not love ... being put down (even though he used to love laying in his boppy lounger)
 

He's also started to get fussy which is not fun. It hurts my heart when he's upset and I can't do anything but hold and rock him. 

Charlie sort of loves ... his rockaroo (I think if it were faster he'd like it better)

Charlie wears ...  newborn size clothes and some 0-3 but even the newborns are a little big. 

Charlie eats ... constantly. He'll sometimes go 3-4 hour stretches and then other days he wants to eat every hour. It's helping us both get the hang of breastfeeding which is nice. 

Charlie sleeps ... sometimes. He'll go down between 10 and 11 and wake up  2-3 times during the night. We moved him from the playard in our room to his crib. It was hard for me emotionally for him to be farther away but I was checking on him constantly so I wasn't getting any sleep. I still get up to check on him and look at the monitor but it's better for both of us. 


Charlie had his first few trips to church and did so well. He slept in the solly most of the time. We love our church so much so it was nice to not have to miss too many Sunday's. 

Charlie had lots of visitors and we were so excited to introduce him to our friends and family. Everyone has been so generous and is keeping us well fed.
Mama with Charlie for the first time

It was so special getting to introduce Charlie to my maternal grandma (Mama). I'm very close to her and Charlie is named after her husband, my Papa, who passed away in 2006. 


Me & Charlie, Marion & Hayes, and Katherine




First bath at home

(I wrote this the same time I wrote his 2 month post and I tried to remember everything as best I could.) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us